Helping adults amidst life transition find meaning and joy in life again.
When there is a lot going on in life, many people find it hard to cope.
Individual Counseling for Adults in Kansas City, Missouri
Most people who start counseling feel stuck in a rut, longing to get out. Perhaps you can relate. Maybe you know you’d be happier if you made changes but it feels safer and more comfortable to stay the same. Maybe you feel anxious about moving forward.
Stuck in negativity and feeling conflicted, life may feel overwhelming, like it’s too much to tackle on your own.
Do you feel worried, lost, or overwhelmed?
Does any of the following resonate with you?
- You feel anxious about change
- You don’t know who you are without that job or that relationship
- You fear judgement of family or friends
- You have trouble accepting where you are right now
If these sound true for you, I want you to know that you are not alone. Many people in these circumstances need support. Change may be a natural part of life, but it’s also really tough for a lot of us. Growing pains are real.
It’s not selfish to prioritize caring for yourself. Self care is how you take your power back.
Individual Counseling can help you feel authentically enthusiastic about life.
It’s possible to feel better. Imagine a life where you could…
- Figure out who you are and what direction to go in next
- Create a more meaningful life based on who you are and what you desire
- Stop letting anxiety affect the way you live or make any decisions for you
- Change your life for the better
Live Life Authentically
Counseling helps you rise above your challenges and start moving towards your goals with less less confusion and more confidence. You will embrace a new narrative that prioritizes yourself so that you can confidently tackle the challenges that arise in life.
Even if you are nervous about starting therapy, counseling may be able to help. It’s perfectly normal to do it afraid. I’ve helped people navigate breakups, job loss, bereavement, and other major life changes. With supportive empowerment, you can move through your difficult shifts with newfound meaning and purpose.
My name is Katie Burnett and I am a counselor and fellow seeker who is here to help.
How Individual Counseling Works
Individual Counseling consists of 50-minute, one-on-one sessions that help you work through your concerns. In addition to listening, I will ask questions and provide guidance based on my experience, I play an active role.
Here’s how it will work step-by-step:
- First, I provide a safe, accepting space so that you will feel comfortable sharing your struggles with me.
- Through hearing your story, I will start to get a picture of what your challenges are.
- We will start with helping you with immediate concerns like managing difficult emotions and challenging life situations.
- We will also work to discover what your goals are in therapy and in life.
- Keeping your unique goals in mind, we’ll figure out what’s needed to help you reach them.
- Over the course of our sessions, you will start making progress towards the life you desire.
Research shows that counseling can positively change your thoughts, beliefs, feelings, and behaviors. It can help you let go of what’s holding you back.